UMN Duluth - ITSS
System/Database Design Admin 2
* Related BA/BS and two years of work experience in the area of systems administration. Or a combination of related education and work experience in the systems administration area to equal six or more years.
* Experience required must include at least one year of Windows system administration experience.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in teams.
* Demonstration of previous experience in higher education.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and learn new technologies quickly.
* Two years experience in Windows system administration.
* Working experience with computer imaging and software virtualization.
* Experience in VMware virtual cluster design, management, and maintenance.
* Background in virtual desktop infrastructure.
* Experience with computer lab and thin client management.
* Ability to work with and build consensus with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
* Excellent listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with a diverse range of audiences.
* Demonstration of effective problem-solving and decision-making abilities with keen attention to detail.
* Experience in reading, writing, and interpreting
The candidate is responsible to work independently as well as collaboratively with other staff in the UMD Information Technology Systems and Services Department (ITSS) and other campus academic and administrative units on multiple activities relating to application development support. This position will be responsible for:
* Windows systems administration (30%)
* Virtualization computing infrastructure support (20%)
* Lab computing support (30%)
* Online education special system projects (10%) --> special projects 10%
* Professional Development (10%)
* The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.*
For Complete listing and application instructions go to:
Search categories: Duluth