UMD Info Tech Systems and Services - Twin Citis
End User Support 1 - Temp (Aprox 2 years)
Job ID: #315797
* Bachelor's degree in a related field, or a combination of education and relevant work experience to total four years.
* Experience and proficiency with multiple operating systems.
* Experience working within IT data security policies.
* Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
* Previous experience supporting voice and data networks.
* Experience in producing end-user documentation and training guides.
* Self-directed individual with superior attention to detail.
* Ability to learn new computer applications quickly.
* Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong troubleshooting abilities.
Job Classification: 8637E1 - End User Support 1
* This position will focus on support of the voice and data network during an enterprise-level network upgrade project in which virtually all of current wireless and wired network hardware will be replaced. This is a temporary position expected to last for the duration of the project (up to 2 years). Duties include helping users troubleshoot their network connectivity, assisting users with technical problems with their campus phone or voicemail accounts, initial troubleshooting of network hardware, and removing compromised devices from the University’s network. This position will also contribute time to front line general user support activities as time and workload allow.
Job Responsibilities: Customer and Product Support
* Use developed customer service skills along with support tools such as ServiceNow, Voice and Network Troubleshooting tool, Knowledge Base, Chat, and System Status to respond efficiently and accurately to user requests.
* Create, document, and implement new solutions for knowledge base.
* Monitor incident resolution to meet service level expectations.
* Continually build knowledge of new products and service offerings to provide effective advice and guidance to users.
* Serve as an escalation point for staff regarding sensitive, unresolved and/or complex issues related to the voice and data network services.
* Perform various special projects - documentation, sharing of information, training of peers to maintain skill levels relative to current and emerging technologies.
For Complete Listing go to: https://humanresources.umn.edu/jobs
In Key Word Box Enter: 8637E1