Allete - Duluth, MN
Engineering/IT Internship (4 Openings)
Description, ID: 3304
Hours: Full time during summer, part time (minimum of 12 hours per week) during school year
Duration: Potentially until candidate graduates or based on business needs
Pay: $18.00 per hour
What will I do?
If hired, you would join ALLETE's Information Technology Solutions Department and would assist either the Systems team (2 openings), Applications team (1 opening) or the Security team (1 opening). ALLETE provides Interns with the opportunity to collaborate with employees, participate in real projects, learn new skills and gain valuable experience. Whatever your IT interests, if you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for digging in to the details to figure out how something works, we would love to talk to you about this opportunity.
What are the qualifications for this internship?
* Qualified candidate must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in CS, CIS, EE or related field with an expected graduation date between June 2018 to December 2019.
* A 3.0 or better GPA on a 4.0 scale.
What sort of candidate are you looking for?
* The ideal candidate would be someone with:
* An insatiable desire to learn
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* The ability to be flexible and handle multiple work projects and priorities
* Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
To really grab our attention, tell us about your experiences with any of the following:
* Microsoft Server 2016/2012/2008 and/or Windows 10/7
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux (or other flavors of Linux)
* PowerShell scripting, Linux shell scripting, and/or other scripting languages
* Java, C#, or other programming languages/frameworks
* Database querying or modeling
* Cyber security
* Candidates may be subject to assessment of skills, job match, or aptitude
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.