Allete - Duluth MN
Programmer Analyst 1 - Web Development
Who is ALLETE?
ALLETE is an innovative company with more than a century of experience engaged in transforming the energy landscape in the upper Midwest. Our businesses include: Minnesota Power, the largest electric utility in northern Minnesota; Superior Water Light and Power of Wisconsin; North Dakota-based BNI Energy, ALLETE Properties; and ALLETE Clean Energy. To find out more, watch a short introductory video about ALLETE and visit ALLETE.com.
What will I do?
If hired, you would join ALLETE's highly collaborative Web Development team. This team is responsible for performing a wide range of IT functions, including: developing, maintaining, and monitoring large-scale .NET websites, custom application development, maintaining the corporate Intranet, and supporting/extending existing enterprise applications. Whatever your IT interests, if you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for digging in and finding creative ways to solve problems, we would love to talk to you about this opportunity.
What sort of candidate are you looking for?
The ideal candidate requires:
* An insatiable desire to learn.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to be flexible in an environment with rapidly-changing priorities.
* Very strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
* Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business, Accounting or related field.
Prior experience is not required. However, the ideal candidate would possess experience with the following:
* Microsoft Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
* Microsoft Server 2012, 2008 and/or Windows 7
* Microsoft Azure
* ASP.NET C# MVC
* MSSQL Database querying or modeling
* API Integration with 3rd party systems
* Adobe Creative Suite
* Previous web development experience
For this position, occasional travel to other company locations and the ability to provide occasional off-hour emergency support is also required.
To view full listing, instructions, & to apply: ALLETE.com/careers. ID: 3314