Allete, Inc. - Duluth MN
Assistant Engineer I - Operations Coordination Center
Shift Work: No shift
Union Contract: ALLETE - Non-Union
Apprenticeship: N/A:Non Union Position
Application Close Date: 2/20/2017
The assistant engineer will support the reliability engineer and Central Dispatch Area by validating outages, closing out work orders and cleaning up trouble reports.
* Validate outages with the MN Power service territory.
* Assist the reliability engineer in training and implementing improvement projects.
* Assist the Central Dispatch Area in work order closures and clean-up.
* Assist with trouble order corrections and work order creations.
* Assist the operations group in implementing new systems or creating procedure documents for existing systems.
* Provides administrative and other technical support to engineers and Central Dispatch Area.
* Assist with work order creation, street light maintenance, fix-it letters, locates, phones and processing invoices.
* Outage verification and assisting with testing and integrating existing and future applications.
* Effective performance and communication skills required to establish and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external customers.
High school diploma or equivalent, PLUS additional course work in accounting, computers, electricity, drafting, or related field.
None required; however, related experience desired.
* This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
* Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers. Internal candidates must apply through the intranet homepage, and must notify their current supervisor of the intent to apply.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.