4-H STEM Coordinator
Part Time, Duluth MN
The position is up to 14 hours per week, $16.39 per hour, January 2017 - June 2017. I've attached a job description. If you can please pass the information along, I'd appreciate it. Anyone who is interested can contact me via e-mail or phone.
Description of Position and Responsibilities
The position will focus on developing 4-H STEM experiences in afterschool club settings. These club settings will reach culturally diverse communities, youth audiences as well as recruiting volunteers who will provide adult leadership to the club in the future. The initial program will be focused on an after school model, which can be school based, if appropriate. The Coordinator will work in partnership with the local County Program Coordinator to ensure delivery of STEM programming. In addition, the STEM Coordinator will work with Educators that provide supervision in the local area and STEM curriculum development. The Educators will also provide training designed to provide 4-H background and content expertise.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Work collaboratively with Extension Educators, Program Coordinators, and Community Partners to develop programming
Maintain consistent, proactive communication with Extension colleagues
Participate in training appropriate to the role
Lead initial STEM Club programs on site
Establish a welcoming and safe group setting for club program site
Recruitment of volunteers and members for STEM programs
Enroll youth and adult volunteers and responsibly maintain program, attendance, evaluation, and activity documentation
* One year experience working/volunteering with culturally diverse youth
* Success in working with youth development programs
* Ability to work with and support youth and adults from a diverse range of experiences, cultures, and backgrounds
* Ability to initiate and complete programs and projects as outlined
* Ability to work independently
* Flexibility and dependability
* Willingness to learn new skills and ability to give and receive feedback
* Computer skills
* Skills in verbal and written communication and strong organizational skills
* Must have access to own vehicle and a valid driver’s license
Two years higher education completed in the area of education, youth development, science, and other related fields.
Hours, Pay, Employment Period
Up to 14 hours per week, $16.39 per hour, January 2017-June 2017
Hours include 3-4 hours a week of program delivery, 3-4 hours a week for program planning, and up to 6 hours for volunteer recruitment, support the ongoing programming on site.
4-H Program Coordinator
University of Minnesota Extension
South St. Louis County
2503 Rice Lake Road
Duluth, MN 55811