SMART DATA SOLUTIONS - Eagan, MN
Auditor / Finance Assistant
The auditor / finance assistant is a staff position responsible for assisting in reviewing, evaluating and making recommendations for the correction or improvement of internal, operational and management control systems and organizational unit performance. The nature of this position requires inside contact with company employees at all levels as well as contact with outside client representatives, vendors and other business-related representatives. This position will also be responsible for assisting with various duties assigned by the Finance department.
1. Assists in planning work on assigned segments of an audit.
2. Recommends the means of obtaining, analyzing and evaluating evidentiary data.
3. Reviews transactions, documents, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
3. Prepares acceptable working papers that record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment.
5. Holds preliminary discussions of apparent deficiencies with operating personnel to verify and obtain explanations of and reasons for each apparent deficiency and documents responses.
6. Reports audit findings and makes recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations and reductions in cost.
7. Assists in the performance of special reviews at the request of management.
8. Assists Finance with various duties including but not limited to invoicing, accounts payable and receivable, reconciliations, sales & use tax, and other filings.
9. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
2. Technical Capacity
3. Ethical Conduct
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
5. Strong attention to detail and ability to execute with a high degree of accuracy
6. Strong organizational and analytical skills which allow for working independently with minimal 7. supervision
Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and protect company proprietary information
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a corporate office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some overtime hours may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree, with emphasis in accounting, business management, or relevant field and/or equivalent work experience
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Two to three years' auditing experience
2. Experience working with accounting software (preferably QuickBooks)
Interested Parties Please to send resume to Kristine Broich email@example.com