Cray Inc. - St Paul, MN
Description/ Requisition Number: 16-0200
The Cray System Management team is working to create a new management framework using OpenStack and other OpenSource technology. As a member of the team, you will be working on new features to support the installation and configuration of Cray's largest Supercomputers. If you have strong infrastructure automation background with Python projects, Linux systems administration experience and a keen interest in OpenSource technology, then this role is a perfect fit for you.
We are looking for motivated individuals with experience working on Open Source software and familiarity with OpenStack. In this role, you will work with seasoned engineers who continually create new products using leading-edge technology. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle from concept and design to testing.
* BS or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
* Practical experience developing for Linux/Unix systems with proven ability to produce high quality deliverables.
* Strong engineering skills with a proficiency programming in Python.
* Experience developing reliable, fault tolerant software for large scale distributed systems.
* Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
* Experience with various aspects of Linux such as the kernel, utilities, installation and package management are highly desired
* Experience using configuration management software like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible is highly desired
* Experience deploying, using, and/or contributing to the OpenStack environment and OpenStack projects such as Keystone, Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron, Ceilometer, etc. is highly desired
* Familiarity with containerization, vitualization and virtual network technologies is highly desired
* Commitment to sound software engineering principles and a demonstrated knowledge of the full development lifecycle.
* Must have strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a passion for problem solving
* Ability to work well in a cooperative development environment, both within and across teams
* Good written and verbal communications skills
Search Complete Listings and Apply Online:https://rn12.ultipro.com/CRA1002/JobBoard/listjobs.aspx?Page=Browse