SPOK Inc. - Eden Prairie, MN
Sr. Software Test Analyst
Requ Num.: 11/3/2015
In this position, the Sr. Software Test Analyst will be responsible for participating as a software tester in an Agile-based product development group allocated to a Scrum Team. Responsibilities include requirement analysis, defining test strategies, test planning and execution, test automation, reviewing product documentation, and ensuring overall product quality including usability, performance, and stability for our Spok Mobile application. This individual must be able to prioritize responsibilities and work with their scrum team to streamline, integrate, and continuously improve the effectiveness of the Agile Scrum software development process.
- Participate in release and iteration kickoffs, retrospectives, daily scrums, and other team meetings as necessary for the scrum team this analyst is allocated to.
- Participate and/or oversee creation of test environments for test execution and coordinate test environment usage with other teams as necessary.
- Define test strategy, create, execute test cases (manual and automated) and document test artifacts to ensure thorough testing of product components and overall quality of delivered product.
- Report software defects and interact with software developers to ensure they are fixed and thoroughly tested.
- Perform and/or lead other team members in all forms of product testing including test case creation and execution, exploratory testing, system integration, usability, regression and performance testing.
- Analyze test coverage for existing and new tests, incorporate feedback from defects and escalations into regression suites.
- Develop and maintain automation frameworks that meet our solution needs and will scale for future growth across a variety of products and technologies. - Review and/or suggest improvements to product documentation to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency during iterations and/or at release time.
- Collaborate with product manager and development team during all phases of the project to promote successful delivery of quality products to our customers.
- Drive continuous improvement of testing and development practices to make team more efficient, deliver higher quality products, and ship on time.
- Coach and provide technical leadership to others on the QA team as needed.
- Must be able to work primarily out of our Eden Prairie, MN office
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of software testing working with various technologies including distributed Internet technologies
- Experience with Agile Scrum process
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a team environment across multiple geographic locations and cultures
- Must have a strong technical aptitude with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead automation initiatives within the QA team
- Ability to present ideas and document artifacts to business and product technology teams
- Proven experience creating, executing and reviewing results of functional, integration, compatibility and regression for web and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Experience implementing and maintaining automation frameworks for web and mobile apps using tools such as Appium, Calabash, Selenium Webdriver, Soap UI or similar tools
- Performance testing experience using commercial or open-source tools such as JMeter, Load Runner, NeoLoad
- Experience working with and validating results using SQL
- Technical knowledge of Windows Server configurations and operations is plus
- Knowledge of current and emerging industry trends in mobile technology is plus
- Software Testing Certification (ISQTB, CSTE, etc.) is plus
For complete listing and to apply visit our website: www.spok.com.