Brocade Communication Systems
Test Engineer, System Test
City: Plymouth, MN
Position Level: University (0-2 Yrs. Exp.)
This position is for an individual contributor to work in functionality and system level testing of Brocade's distance extension and SAN switch products. The optimal candidate will design test beds, identify necessary equipment, create topology maps, and estimate test efforts. S/he will write test plans and test cases based on product requirements, utilize sound software development methodology to design automated test cases, test them, and place them under source control. S/he will be responsible for analysis of test results, problem reporting, re-creation and verification, reviewing test plans, and testing coverage status. S/he will solicit reports about defects from team members and effectively incorporate feedback.
* Develop test strategies for testing new features/technologies.
* Assess progress and prepare testing status reports for management.
* Take initiative identifying ways to increase efficiency and productivity through automation and improvements in test methodology.
* Improve processes and extend the impact and effectiveness of test design concepts or new approaches to the execution of current projects.
* Influence team members as well as aid other projects or teams in the application of these practices.
Qualifications/ Job Responsibilities
* B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
* 0-2 years experience with networking and system testing or development
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Leadership ability
* Strong background in software testing methodology, test development, test execution
If you're looking to energize your career, now is a great time to join Brocade. As a leading provider of data center networking solutions, Brocade helps organizations around the globe achieve their most critical business objectives.
Today, Brocade is extending its proven data center expertise across the entire network with future-proofed solutions built for consolidation, virtualization, and cloud computing. This includes open, virtual, and efficient networking solutions in the following areas:
* Storage networking
* Data center and Ethernet fabric routing
* Software networking (including SDN and NFV)
* Campus networking
Douglas Dunn, email@example.com