Technology Leadership Development Program
The Ameriprise Financial Technology Leadership Development Program offers the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company by delivering technology solutions that support the evolving needs of our clients, advisors, and employees.
Program participants are assigned to job rotations within our Technology business unit. Each rotation will last approximately six months, and specific rotation assignments will be based on business need and participant interest. We encourage program participants to gain a broad technology background that will prepare them for a variety of future opportunities. Participants will gain direct experience in the following Technology groups:
* Information Security
* Business Analytics
* Technology Infrastructure and Operations
* Application and Web Development
* Client Technology Experience
* Technology Architecture
After exploring different Technology roles, participants will post to a regular full-time position within Technology.
* Responsibilities may vary depending on assigned project and may include:
* Defining business requirements
* Developing user acceptance test plans
* Developing SOW and cost benefit analysis
* Developing, document, test and modify new and existing code
* Developing working knowledge of systems and processes
* Training or education in technology/computer field and/or 1-3 years of proven development/programming/coding experience.
* First level knowledge and/or demonstrated technical ability to understand code and technology infrastructure in multiple environments.
* Demonstrated basic understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and programming/development procedures.
* Effective oral and written communication skills along with logical, analytical and abstract thinking skills.
* Strong attention to detail, follow-through and time management skills.
* Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn and apply new tools and processes.
* Interested in gaining broad experience in Technology
* Commitment to complete the full 18-month leadership development program
Benefits and program support
* Dedicated program managers will coordinate events, speakers, training opportunities, rotations and provide individual coaching and support
* A structured development program emphasizing technical, financial services and leadership training
* Formal goal setting and development plan process including quarterly development discussions and mid-year/end-of-year performance reviews
* Networking/social events and opportunities to participate in community service activities with other Ameriprise Financial employees
Here, you'll be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions. You'll work with other talented people who share your passion for doing great work that's in the best interest of our clients. And you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office - and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a company that cares, put a rewarding career more within reach at Ameriprise Financial.
Take the next step.