NetGain - Saint Cloud, MN
Part Time - Programmer Analyst Internship
Special Requirements: Working toward a BS in CS, BCIS, or similar.
* Part-time | Flexible with school schedule
* Position available immediately through summer
* Possibility of full-time hire upon graduation
Job Purpose/Summary Statement:
To develop, improve, and strengthen customer relationships through the improvement, design, and development of an existing documentation and support portal.
Specific Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Utilize strong analytical and communication skills and experience to assess strategic business needs in designing software solutions.
* Perform all phases of systems and programming development and maintenance.
* Assist the development team leaders in translating system requirements into a feasible design solution while ensuring that the technical strategy is sound.
* Prepare status updates and walkthroughs and communicate with project manager, development team leaders, and technical team members.
* Provide quality assurance testing within criteria specified by scope documents and functional specifications.
* Interact with project team members during bug-fixing time and with the project manager to ensure that all bugs are addressed and resolved when the project is delivered.
* Suggest innovative and creative new ideas and ways of improving processes.
* Cooperate with other employees to create a trusting, honest, and productive work team.
Required Technical Proficiencies:
* Proficient understanding of debugging techniques and technical problem analysis.
* Excellent understanding of object-oriented design constructs and the use of modules/classes.
* Operational understanding of IP- based computer networking within LAN and WAN environments, and how software is constructed for the distributed network environment.
* Work independently and manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
* Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Preferred Technical Proficiencies:
* Operational understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012.
* Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2012 and IIS 7/8.
* Ability to conduct a systems analysis of a business problem.
* Experience with Git or other version control systems